Cooking for Your Family
Prepare Healthy Meals
You can easily prepare foods for a large family without breaking the bank. To save time, money and stress when making meals for your loved ones give one of these tips a try:
1. Keep it simple. Healthy and creative meals don’t have to be complicated. The simpler the menu, the less money and stress it will cost you in the end.
2. Allow your family to help. Divide jobs among family members. Remember -- kids love to be in the kitchen! With help, you can get more done and have more time to enjoy with your family.
3. Enjoy yourself. If you feel yourself becoming stressed, take a deep breath. Have fun and enjoy spending time with those closest to you.
4. Options for the holidays. Try having a brunch. Breakfast foods like eggs are less expensive and make a great protein for the main dish. Another fun idea is to have a yogurt parfait bar, where everyone can add their favorite toppings to yogurt.
5. Make it a potluck. Potlucks are a great option for large families. Prepare a side dish and let each family member make the rest. It creates less work for you and allows everyone to make and sample each other’s creations.
6. Tired of counting pennies? Discover more about nutrition assistance programs by visiting the links below:
· Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)